Writer and project coordinator, Tattenhall, Cheshire
RSK Communication Services, an RSK company, is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic person to join its editorial team. You would be coordinating projects, including responding to requests from our clients (mostly in the international energy sector) and writing marketing materials, often on technical subjects, for these external clients and internal RSK customers from a broad spectrum of businesses. You would also help to write and monitor news releases for our external clients.
We create corporate and business communications materials for energy, technology and environmental companies and for RSK businesses, including writing, editing and proofreading technical and marketing copy. An increase in demand means we are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent individual to join our team of 20 writers and designers.
The key responsibilities of this role include
• Responding to and liaising with external and internal clients
• Building good relationships with these clients to help maintain our workload
• Coordinating projects
• Writing case studies, news articles and brochures, often on technical subjects and from supplied notes or phone/Internet interviews
• Project managing news release production, including writing from interview or editing supplied copy, and managing reviews, iterations and approvals
• Ensuring that our rigorous editorial process is followed
• Distributing news releases to magazines, etc.
• Making follow-up calls to key editorial contacts in magazines, etc.
• Monitoring media coverage of press releases using an online service, including regular reporting to clients.
Essential experience and qualities
The successful candidate will be able to
• Demonstrate their ability to write clear, concise, complete and accurate copy from written briefs (i.e., reference examples in your CV, write a cover letter free from grammatical errors and typos, and bring examples to an interview)
• Implement various editorial style guides and writing practices
• Liaise with clients professionally and efficiently by phone and email
• Coordinate multiple projects, including working with colleagues, tracking time and cost, and managing files appropriately.
Desirable experience and qualities
Ideally, the successful candidate will have
• Experience in distributing and monitoring news releases
• Oil and gas and/or engineering knowledge.
Salary and benefits
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• A flexible benefits programme, including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
The successful candidate will work in our Tattenhall office, near Chester.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.