The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. RSK is pursuing a strategy of significant growth both organic and acquisitive and Group turnover in the year to March 2019 is expected to be in the region of £200 million.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
As a result of significant growth over the past year to turnover in excess of £50 million, the Geosciences and Engineering Division are looking for an experienced Commercial Finance Business Partner to assist the Divisional Director in managing the Division. Geosciences and Engineering now comprises 10 businesses but is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the next few years.
The role will be primarily based in Hemel Hempstead but in the settling in period, frequent travel within the UK is anticipated.
Finance Business Partner – Hemel Hempstead
The successful candidate will assist the Divisional Director in understanding and tracking business performance and supporting business improvement. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and credibility who is a good team player. You will have the ability to influence the Managing Directors of the divisional businesses and their senior members of staff, and you will contribute to the success and decision making within the division and the wider business.
More specifically you will be involved in:
• Providing commercial insight to management in order to drive performance improvement initiatives
• Developing the regular weekly and monthly KPI reporting to assist the Divisional Director in managing the Division
• Continually reviewing and challenging KPI’s for the Division
• Relationship building, business partnering and accounting support for the Managing Directors in the Division
• Leading the Division in managing working capital
• Responsibility, alongside Divisional Director, for producing the divisional budgets, forecasts and business planning.
• Analytical review of the monthly management accounts and exploring problems where necessary with the Managing Directors
• Assessment of Capital Expenditure Investment Proposals
• Assisting in the tender process and pricing of large tenders
• Preparing, developing and analysing project accounting information
• Helping analyse and understand project risks
• Playing a key role in the financial and wider integration of new businesses
• Ad hoc Projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A recognised professional accounting qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA
• Experience of working in a consultancy business preferred
• Experience of working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
• The ability to successfully work collaboratively
• Ability to influence at all levels in the business
• Ability to roll sleeves up as required
• High degree of communication skills
• IT literacy, particularly in Excel, is essential
Salary and benefits:
• £Commensurate with experience;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Free life assurance cover;
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care;
• We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Nikita Soni, HR Advisor at email@example.com or for more information please call 07741726422
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.