Structural Soils Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies are looking to recruit an Environmental Technician. The specific function is to provide technician support to the wider business on a variety of contracts. This presents a fantastic opportunity for any individuals looking to enter the environmental sector and get involved with a wide range of monitoring and sampling disciplines. The work will provide invaluable experience of working within a multi disciplinary environmental consultancy and as such will require individuals to have a flexible attitude to work.
The successful candidate will develop a wide range of different skills and work on many different project types.
Environmental Technician – Coventry
• Environmental monitoring (Waters, Gas, Leachate, Air, Soil)
• Gas, Soils and Water Sampling
• Introduction to Contaminated Land Assessments
• GPS surveying
• Continuous gas and water monitoring techniques.
• Gas Membrane Verification
This post would ideally suit a practically minded recent graduate with a mature approach to work or someone who hasn’t chosen an academic route but has more practical based experience. Science A-Levels or similar would be an advantage. Ultimately, the individual must want to pursue a career within the Environmental Sector and have a passion for working outdoors. Desirable qualities and skills include:
• Practical mindset and experience i.e. technical field work etc
• Experience and ability to work outside in all seasons
• Good attention to detail and the ability to take on new concepts
• Full clean driving licence as travel will be required
• Confident to work on your own and on site
• Happy to work across the UK from time to time to suit business needs
• Flexible as regards to out of hours and weekend work – additional hours worked would be given back in lieu at a time to suit the business.
Salary and benefits:
• £19,000 starting salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
• Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. For more information, please call Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor on 0117 300 4280.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.