RSK Business Solutions Ltd is a consultancy offering professional services in IT systems development, outsourcing, ICT management and business consultancy & training. The company is part of The RSK Group plc, which is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary consultancy, servicing a wide range of property, transport, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients.
Graduate Risk Consultant (Rail) – Tonbridge, Kent
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Risk Consultant to join their team in Tonbridge, Kent. The role would suit a graduate who is looking for fast progression against proven good performance.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
• Carry out preliminary investigations and risk assessments in preparation for Level Crossing Pedestrian and Vehicle Census and Automatic Traffic Counts
• Take responsibility for the equipment stored in a nearby storage facility. Ensure equipment is in full working order and batteries charged where necessary.
• Prepare equipment for carrying out the remote CCTV censuses and Automatic Traffic Count (ATC) activities.
• Take responsibility for loading, driving the van and setting up equipment/cameras at a Level Crossing.
• To maintain the PPE equipment stored in the office and ensure all staff have the correct equipment.
• Ordering, set up and stock control of new camera or ATC equipment
• To be able to prepare and load equipment on to pallets at the storage facility as necessary.
• Take responsibility for taking down cameras after a remote CCTV census.
• Download data from the cameras to our central storage server.
• Liaise with the team in India via Skype and email to assist with data analysis.
• Review of CCTV footage in order to assess and quantify any potential high-risk occurrences at the Level Crossing.
• Prepare the pedestrian and vehicular Census Report.
• Take notes from the weekly team meeting and send to all staff.
• To work within the company’s quality, health and safety procedures and take responsibility for their own safety and others around them.
• Educated to Degree level.
• Hold a valid UK driving license and own car, and able to drive small vans when necessary.
• Able to travel during working hours to various locations within the South of England.
• Highly adaptable approach to work and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
• Able to work alone for short periods at our storage facility and be part of a team in our main office.
• Willingness to learn how to use camera equipment and be able to fit cameras at a Level Crossing.
• Able to demonstrate proactive attitude.
• Self-motivated and excellent time management skills.
• An excellent communicator.
• Confidence in presenting and report writing.
• Excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of Excel and Word. Willingness to learn how to use video software systems.
• Experience or knowledge of the rail industry or site-based work.
• Knowledge of risk assessment, although full training will be provided.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email email@example.com
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.