Copywriter and PR Coordinator - Tattenhall, Cheshire
RSK Communication Services, an RSK Group Ltd business, is looking for a copywriter and PR coordinator to take on writing and delivering news releases, including managing the interfaces with its clients’ communications personnel and its own editorial resources.
Communication Services creates corporate and business communications materials for energy, technology and environmental companies and for RSK itself, including writing, editing and proofreading technical and marketing copy. An increase in demand for writing, distributing and monitoring news releases means we are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent individual to join our team of 20 writers and designers.
The successful candidate will support our client account managers, specifically they will be the primary RSK point of contact for clients’ communication staff who commission press releases. The copywriter and PR coordinator will deliver responsive and professional editorial and related services, including writing general press releases. They will that ensure RSK’s specialist writing resources are secured and fully briefed, as required, to deliver technical or complex press releases.
The key responsibilities of this role include
• Maintaining active contact with clients’ communication staff
• Project managing press release production, including processing purchase orders, delivering copy and managing reviews, iterations and approvals
• Coordinating with client sources and, if required, their Communication Services colleagues to brief, draft, review, amend and sign-off of news releases
• Ensuring that Communication Services’ rigorous editorial process is followed and documented
• Distributing news releases to magazines, etc.
• Making follow-up calls to key editorial contacts in magazines, etc.
• Monitoring media coverage of press release using an online service, including regular reporting to clients.
Essential experience and qualities
The successful candidate will be able to
• Demonstrate their ability to write clear, concise, complete and accurate copy from written briefs
• Implement clients and RSK’s editorial style guides and writing practices
• Liaise with clients professionally and efficiently by phone and email
• Coordinate multiple projects, including working with colleagues, tracking time and cost, and managing files appropriately.
Desirable experience and qualities:
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
• Experience in distributing and monitoring news releases
• Oil and gas and/or engineering knowledge.
Salary and benefits
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• A flexible benefits programme, including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
The successful candidate will work in our Tattenhall office, near Chester.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email email@example.com
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.