Landscape Graduate / Consultant Hemel Hempstead
RSK Environment Ltd, a member of RSK Group plc, is a Landscape Institute registered Practice and the largest independently owned multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy in the UK. RSK’s landscape team provides a comprehensive range of landscape consultancy services (landscape planning & assessment, landscape design and landscape management) throughout the UK. We provide support to candidates embarking on the Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership (P2C) and have a fantastic track record in helping candidates achieve chartered status.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a recent Masters graduate, experienced post-graduate or recently chartered professional to join our team in Hemel Hempstead. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with providing support to our team of Chartered Landscape Managers and Landscape Architects, Arboriculture and Ecologists primarily providing landscape management consultancy services and undertaking landscape stewardship on regeneration areas, agricultural land, development sites and a range of public open spaces.
You will primarily gain experience in providing: landscape management services; contract administration and construction support. However, there will also be opportunities to gain experience in support of landscape design, landscape masterplanning, and landscape & visual appraisal and assessment services.
This position requires both field and office work, and the successful applicant will be expected to travel to various sites throughout the south of England, with the opportunity to work further afield.
• Undertake landscape management in parks and open spaces, business parks, residential areas, urban regeneration and environmental improvement schemes including:
o Production and implementation of landscape management contracts.
o Preparation of management plans for parks and open spaces.
o Completion of site surveys, inventories and production of lifecycle costings.
o Preparation of advisory reports and feasibility studies
• Liaise with the community and neighbouring landowners regarding the clients existing and proposed landscape management activity;
• Undertake the role of Contracts Manager following the relevant administrative procedures.
• Oversee contractors to deliver projects and work activities.
• Liaison with clients on scope of works, work programmes and budgets.
• Prepare detailed design proposals and construction information
• Undertake desk top and field-based research and site analysis
• Prepare landscape and visual appraisals and assessments
• Prepare site masterplans, and develop strategic landscape mitigation proposals
Skills and experience
• A Masters or other Post-Graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning or Landscape Management.
• Understanding/experience of:
o Environmental legislation
o Landscape design and management principles and techniques across a range of landscape types
o Landscape Surveying, appraisals and preparation of Landscape Management Plans
o Landscape and visual impact assessment
• Competency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and Sketchup
• A high level of verbal and written communication skills in a commercial environment, including presentations and report writing
• The ability to work well within a team, assisting seniors as required
• Well organised to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
• Full clean driving license
Salary and benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
The closing date for applications will be Friday 14th September 2018 with interviews held 26th to the 29th September. Applicants should forward a copy of their CV together with, where relevant, recent examples of both their written work and graphics (A3 Maximum), or a link to your online portfolio.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Harriet Baker, HR Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07725 790908 for more information.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.