The RSK Group plc is one the UK largest independently owned Environmental Consultancies employing around 1800 staff in offices throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East. It provides its clients with a one-stop-shop offering a broad range of environmental, health and safety support services. Its comprehensive, solutions-led consultancy services help organisations around the work with the most demanding of projects.
Air Quality Consultant – Hemel Hempstead
The Air and Permitting division of the RSK Group plc, is one of the UK’s largest Air Quality consultancies. We are now looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic consultant to join the rapidly growing Air Quality Team.
• To support the growing air quality team
• To train less experienced staff (graduate consultants)
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in an air quality related position
• The successful candidate is also likely to be a graduate in science, client-focused and looking to extend their business development and project management skills.
• Conversant with modelling (using ADMS-ROADS or similar models), monitoring and other air quality assessment techniques
• Experience of EIA will be considered advantageous
• An understanding of the key air pollution policy issues at UK and EU level
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Excellent practical skills and ability to undertake site work independently
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Full UK Driving Licence
Salary and benefits:
• Commensurate with experience
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
• Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2016) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.