RSK Environment Ltd, a member of RSK Group plc, is looking for an experienced Sustainability and Consents Manager to join RSK’s substantial and growing presence in major infrastructure development across Britain.
RSK is one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies and we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services supported in-house by allied technical services in the full range of environmental disciplines required for the successful planning, design, consenting and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Across all sectors, we have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within Alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
SUSTAINABILITY AND CONSENTS MANAGER – London and South East
The key responsibilities of this role include:
Sustainability and Consents Management
• Provide projects with sustainability leadership, including assisting with environmental awareness training of professional staff, construction managers and operatives
• Compliance with client’s sustainability policies, objectives and more detailed requirements, including any ISO14001 Environmental Management System in place, and make sure that they are implemented throughout the design, construction and commissioning stages of the project
• Update, review and ensure compliance with the project Environmental Management Plan, Site Waste Management Plan, other relevant environmental management plans and other associated documentation
• Carry out regular environmental audits of designs and construction activities
• Maintain project consents register and ensure all required consents are applied for in accordance with the project programme
• Manage and co-ordinate the application, negotiation and implementation of all necessary environment-related consents, including highways and traffic issues
• Prepare applications, including working with a range of technical specialists that will be needed to support certain applications
• Manage the discharge of planning conditions throughout the entire construction project
• Compile and present sustainability, environmental and consents performance reports, as appropriate, in line with project KPIs and other objectives, e.g. energy and water consumption, and waste management.
Effectively deal with statutory consultees, interest groups and the general public.
Desired experience and qualities:
RSK is looking for experienced personnel with several years of working in a site based environment on major construction projects. This role will suit someone who has worked on major infrastructure projects and has a good understanding of typical environmental contractual and regulatory requirements and ensuring that these are implemented. Successful candidates are likely have a strong health and safety ethos, good personal management, communication and negotiation skills and an appreciation of what is practical and achievable.
Additionally, suitable experienced candidates will also need:
• A thorough understanding of environmental issues on site e.g. ecology, noise, air quality
• Professional membership preferable e.g. MIEMA or equivalent, and/or Environmental Auditing qualification
• CSCS card
Salary and Benefits
• £commensurate with experience
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
• Regular training and development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Currently placed within the Top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email email@example.com
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk