RSK is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that provides environmental, engineering and geo-sciences services to clients in the UK and overseas. RSK has also recently been ranked within the top 5 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2014).
RSK Land Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides engineering design and transport planning services for residential and commercial development projects.
We have an exciting opportunity within a growing team for a Senior Transport Planner/Engineer in our Hemel Hempstead office with the potential to work on projects across the UK.
Senior Transport Planner/Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
- Prepare and review Transport Assessments;
- Undertake traffic flow analysis and junction modelling;
- Prepare Travel Plans with good knowledge of delivery and monitoring practices;
- Prepare Construction Management or Logistics Plans, Servicing and Delivery Plans, Car Parking Management Plans and other related documents to discharge planning conditions;
- Preliminary highway design;
- Transport inputs into Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Project management including financial management and client liaison;
- Negotiations with local planning and highway authorities;
- Traffic data collection, analysis and presentation;
- Assist in the preparation of evidence for public inquiries;
- Assist in public consultation
- Technical ability in a variety of development planning work including transport assessments, junction modelling and design, travel plans, construction management plans, servicing and delivery plans, car parking management plans and travel plans transport inputs to environmental impact assessments
- 3 to 5 years experience in development planning, within a transport planning context in a consultancy environmen
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications; degree qualified in a relevant planning or engineering discipline
- An MSc qualification in transport planning/engineering is desirable
- Working towards professional qualifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to generate and apply ideas
- Ability to develop innovative and value solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with limited supervision
- A good self-manager of time and work
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience of transport modelling software (Junctions 9, Transyt, Linsig etc) and design desirable
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage continuous professional development and we are committed in supporting staff through regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information, please call Nikita Soni on 07741 726422 or email NSoni@rsk.co.uk
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.