RSK is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that provides environmental, engineering and geo-sciences services to clients in the UK and overseas. RSK has also recently been ranked within the top 5 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2014).
RSK Land Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides engineering design and transport planning services for residential and commercial development projects.
We have an exciting opportunity within a growing team for a Graduate Transport Planner/Engineer in our Hemel Hempstead office with the potential to work on projects across the UK.
Graduate Transport Planner/Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
- Preparing Transport Assessments;
- Assist in traffic flow analysis and junction modelling;
- Preparing Travel Plans;
- Preparing Construction Management or Logistics Plans, Servicing and Delivery Plans, Car Parking Management Plans and other related documents to discharge planning conditions;
- Assist in preliminary highway design;
- Assist in providing transport inputs into Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Undertaking traffic data collection, analysis and presentation;
- Technical specification:
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of development planning work including transport assessments, junction modelling and design, travel plans, construction management plans, servicing and delivery plans, car parking management plans and transport inputs to environmental impact assessments
- Graduate or 1 year experience in development planning
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications; degree qualified in a relevant planning, engineering or geography discipline
- An MSc qualification in transport planning/engineering is desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach and work well in a team environment
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Understanding of transport modelling software (Junctions 9, Transyt, Linsig etc) and design
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage continuous professional development and we are committed in supporting staff through regular training and career development
- All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information, please call Nikita Soni on 07741 726422 or email NSoni@rsk.co.uk
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.