The RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy, servicing a wide range of clients in the oil, gas, property and manufacturing sectors. We have offices across Britain, Ireland, Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
EHS Compliance Consultant
We are currently looking to recruit a self-starter with excellent technical expertise in Environmental and H&S compliance gained within consultancy, construction or industrial markets.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, compliance focussed individual with an excellent understanding of the development and implementation of environmental management systems into complex multi-site organisations, a keen eye for assessing EHS compliance ‘on the ground’ and an ability to communicate best practice. A strong background in health and safety as well as environmental management would be an advantage.
The position will be based within RSK’s EHS Compliance team; a fast paced business which is part of a larger group of EHS professionals, with no two days the same. A typical day may include business development meetings; development of EHS management systems; auditing of client premises; development and delivery of training and specific legislative compliance support and advice both in the UK and abroad. The team is located throughout the UK and we are flexible on location. There is great potential for diversification into new areas of work, sectors and developing growth areas.
This is an opportunity to join a highly regarded, forward thinking organisation with great opportunities for progression. The diversity of the RSK business divisions and scope to develop your career creates an exciting opportunity.
• Report to and support team leader / Director on business plan;
• Provide support and lead across a diverse range of projects and tenders ;
• EHS Management System development and support for clients;
• Provision of EHS related training services; and
• Undertaking EHS performance assessment and benchmarking.
• Completing EHS compliance audits and addressing non-conformities;
• Experience of working with ISO14001;
• Relevant EHS qualifications with IEMA registration;
• Recognised auditing qualifications / registration e.g. IEMA or IRCA;
• Effective communicator with excellent presentation skills;
• Ability to work with people at all levels, to persuade and encourage;
• Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative to drive implementation;
• A good self-manager of time and work.
• Candidates should hold a full UK drivers licence; and
• Strong team player, good sense of humour with an energetic outlook.
Salary and benefits:
• £competitive salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
• Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.