The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
As a result of success over the past year our business is expanding and we are looking for an experienced Divisional Accountant to work at our office in Hemel Hempstead.
Divisional Accountant – Hemel Hempstead
The successful candidate will assist the Divisional Director in understanding and tracking business performance and supporting business improvement. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills who is a good team player. You will have the ability to influence senior members of staff and contribute to the success and decision making within the division and wider business.
More specifically you will be involved in:
- Leading the Division in managing working capital
- Review of Debtors and follow up and resolution of queries
- Review of completed WIP files and submission
- Challenging WIP and accelerating the billing cycle where possible
- Developing increased commercial awareness through the division
- Continually reviewing, challenging and assisting the Divisional Director in the development of KPI’s
- Assist the Divisional Director in producing the companies’ budgets, forecasts and business planning.
- Analytical review of the monthly management accounts and exploring problems where necessary with Managing Directors
- Assessment of Capital Expenditure
- Assisting in the tender process and pricing large tenders
- Preparing, developing and analysing project accounting information
- Helping analyse and understand project risks
- Playing a key role in the financial and wider integration of new businesses
- Ad hoc projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A recognised professional accounting qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA
- Experience of working in a consultancy business preferred
- Experience of working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information due to a high standard
- The ability to successfully work collaboratively
- Ability to influence at all levels in the business
- High degree of communication skills
- Flexibility to travel to other key locations throughout the UK
Salary and benefits:
- £Commensurate with experience;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Free life assurance cover;
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and are committed to supporting staff in achieving and maintaining professional accreditation
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Nikita Soni, HR Advisor at email@example.com or for more information please call 07741726422.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer