RSK Environment Ltd is looking for a high-calibre senior environmental consultant to join our growing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management team at our office in Helsby.
You will be joining a dynamic and growing team within a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy serving a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
As a result of success over the past year our business is expanding and we are looking for a talented professional, seeking an exciting career opportunity and a fulfilling lifestyle in one of the UK’s Top 10 environmental companies.
Our EIA/EM teams are currently supporting clients on a range of nationally and regionally important planning applications, public inquiries and the environmental management of projects before, during and after construction. Our expectation is that you will have an influential role in these projects from the outset and will help shape our response to new market opportunities.
Senior Environmental Consultant – Helsby
• Environmental Statement, report and environmental management documentation preparation and editing,
• Leading EIA projects and other environmental studies,
• Working with regulators and liaising with clients,
• Providing advice on a wide range of environmental issues,
• Managing projects, including successful delivery, client management and financial control,
• Mentoring of junior staff,
• Assisting with production of proposals and tenders,
• Undertaking construction phase environmental management on projects,
• Providing and preparing environmental management documentation such as Construction Environmental Management Plans.
• Around five years of previous consultancy experience in a directly related field,
• Experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable: conventional power, renewable energy and associated electrical infrastructure, rail, property and electricity transmission,
• Comprehensive knowledge of UK environmental legislation,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills,
• Good team player, with the ability to work independently, and
• Enthusiastic and well organised.
• BSc degree level qualified in a relevant subject,
• Preferably MSc qualified in environmental impact assessment, environmental management or a closely related subject,
• Associate or Practitioner member of IEMA (or equivalent professional membership with another relevant body).
Salary and benefits
• £Commensurate with experience,
• Contributory pension scheme,
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare, vouchers and private health care,
• Regular training and career development.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently better than the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Currently placed within the Top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2016) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 07725 790908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk