Envirolab, a member of RSK Group plc, is an analytical laboratory with an outstanding track record for delivering analysis competitively and on time. The company provides environmental analytical services predominately of soil and groundwater samples. We are now looking to recruit an Asbestos Supervisor to work in a UKAS and ISO 9001 standard accredited lab.
Asbestos Supervisor - Hyde, Cheshire
Staff Supervision Duties
- Day to day staff supervision to ensure tasks completed on time.
- Communicate with Laboratory Manager about overtime and staff resource.
- Chair regular team meetings.
- Motivate staff to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity and encourage a professional, accountable environment.
- Be responsible for and maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Ensure staff adhere to all RSK/Envirolab HR policies
- Carry out annual staff PDRs and assist to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Approval of staff timesheets and holidays
- Assist Laboratory Manager when necessary.
- Carry out technical work where necessary and train asbestos analysts.
- Complete monthly air monitoring and fibre counting
- Method development and validation.
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Oversees safe laboratory practises ensuring lab coats/glasses are worn, extraction fans used and waste is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all work completed is according to UKAS and Envirolab QMS requirements.
- Annual auditing of Asbestos Analysts as per UKAS requirements
- Supervise and investigate all anomalies / non-conforming work
- Ensure calibrations are completed and equipment is maintained and serviced as per the schedule and records are completed accordingly.
- Oversee the completion of monthly asbestos QC samples
- Ensure AISS/AIMS PT Scheme samples are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure monthly SHEMS audits carried out as rota specifies.
- To recommend changes in all procedures or working practices where there are either errors or where habitual problems occur and be involved in the solution.
- Ensure training records reflect staff ability
- Manage consumables to ensure adequate stock.
- Ensure weekly audit is carried out.
Any other duties deemed reasonable for this position
- You must be P401 qualified
- Relevant experience in a UKAS accredited laboratory
- A proven track record of successfully managing and growing a team
- P403 qualification would be desirable
- Strong team player
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary and benefits
- This is a full time post working 8am – 4:30pm
- Salary – £depending on experience
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor.
For more information, please call Lauren on 0117 300 4280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.