RSK Land & Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
Overall RSK currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments.
Principal Infrastructure Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
- Principal Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to the Associate Director or Director.
- As a principal designer; manage, lead and deliver designs on designated projects utilising members of the design team, on time and on budget.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Provide a single point of contact within LDE on designated projects.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Undertake project reviews and value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical and management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Understand and implement RSK’s HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
- Attend training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
- Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
- Assist in the day-to-day and weekly workload programme to ensure delivery of projects.
- Assist with project finances including monthly budget reviews and invoicing.
- Technical report production (pre-acquisition, planning submission, utilities & flood risk assessments).
Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.Working knowledge of Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Develop project management skills using RSK procedures.
- Understand and implement Designer’s duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition
- Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual
- Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Working knowledge of highway / infrastructure projects desirable but not essential.
- 5-10 years experience in a similar role within Consultancy
- Educated to degree or HNC level.
- Chartered or Incorporated member of the Institution of Civil Engineers preferable but not essential.
- Ability to manage a team of Engineers and Technicians and mentor junior members of staff.
- Ability to analyse and monitor project finances.
- Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
- Experienced in the design of residential developments
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- Client facing
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Nikita Soni, HR Advisor, at email@example.com.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.u
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer