RSK Land & Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
Overall RSK currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments.
CAD Technician – Hemel Hempstead
- CAD Technician within design team on designated projects, reporting to Principal Engineer.
- Assisting in the preparation infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical or management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Understand and implement RSK’s HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
- Assist in the issue of project documents (email, extra-net and postal).
- Be aware of project deadlines and allocated time to work items.
- Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition
- Knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual
- CAD Technician - relevant work experience
- Prior knowledge of the full engineering / development process.
- Working towards degree or HNC level.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Nikita Soni, HR Advisor, at email@example.com.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.