Up and Under Ltd, a member of the RSK Group, are an engineering consultancy, undertaking inspections and surveys of various bridges, buildings and other structures within the transportation, utilities and built sectors.
We now have opportunities for Bridge Inspectors / Senior Bridge Inspectors within our team in Crewe, Cheshire.
- inspection of a variety of structures including those of nationally strategic importance
- leading inspection teams
- monitoring others
- preparation of reports / drawings / schedules of defects
- planning programmes of inspections
- undertaking complex one-off projects
All of the work we complete is carried out within our comprehensive quality and health and safety systems.
The role will involve a combination of office and site-based projects with the balance dependent on the commercial requirements of the business. Candidates will need to be prepared to work away from home on a regular basis with travel throughout the UK, thus a full UK driving licence is required. Night and weekend work will be required on occasion.
- Experience of bridge inspection or maintenance (highways or rail. We may consider candidates with other structural inspection experience if it is relevant)
- Sound technical understanding of construction materials and forms
- Good basic office IT skills including word / excel /databases / CAD / web research / email / file management
- Well organised, focused and able to work with and motivate others
- Confident on the phone and in meetings both within the organisation and with external clients
- Interested in the fundamentals of engineering and able to communicate that to others
- Proven high quality report writing skills
- Knowledge / experience of investigation methods of common construction materials
- A full UK driving licence
- HND/Degree in relevant construction discipline
- NVQ in relevant construction discipline
- EngTech, IEng or CEng
- any combination of the above
The successful candidate will have successfully qualified for, or be working towards qualification in, the new Bridge Inspector Certification Scheme (BICS). Additional information can be found here https://www.lantra.co.uk/nhss/bridge-inspectors
- Candidates are required to have a reasonable level of fitness as the work can involve walking over rough terrain, up and down steps and steep embankments, the use of ladders and scaffold and long hours in potentially adverse weather conditions.
- Successful candidates will be subject to drug and alcohol screening prior to and during employment. This is strictly enforced by ourselves and our clients.
Salary and benefits
- This is a full-time post with a salary ranging between £23,000-£40,000 per annum depending on experience and profile with additional allowances for working away from home and overtime.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Sarah Murphy, HR manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 300 4295 for more information.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.