Envirolab, a member of RSK Group plc, is an analytical laboratory with an outstanding track record for delivering analysis competitively and on time. The company provides environmental analytical services predominately of soil and groundwater samples. Because of recent expansion, the Cheshire lab is now looking to recruit a Scheduling Assistant to work in a UKAS and ISO 9001 standard accredited lab.
Scheduling Assistant - Hyde, Cheshire
- Coordinate the ‘schedulers’ inbox. Action emails received from clients
- Prepare and issue Sample Receipt Confirmations
- Be responsible for the ‘on hold’ samples register and related client communication. Type up unscheduled samples into excel documents and send to clients.
- Raise PO’s for subcontracted analysis
- Request progress updates from subcon laboratories
- Calculate stones and moisture results and import into LIMS
- Any other duties as required
- Unpack samples received and check sample IDs are correct
- Weigh samples to dry and assign matrix codes
- Carry out technical work in accordance with Envirolab procedures, when training record reflects competency.
- Ensure all work completed is according to UKAS and Envirolab QMS requirements.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Work within the confines of Envirolab’s safety policy paying due regard to the requirements for protective clothing at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the laboratory.
- To recommend changes in all procedures or working practices where there are either errors or were habitual problems occur.
- Carry out regular SHEMS inspections.
- In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration
- Strong understanding and experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Physically fit
- Strong team player
- Pays attention to detail
Salary and benefits
- This is a full time post working 8am – 4.30pm
- Salary - £minimum wage
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor.
For more information, please call Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor on 0117 300 4280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.