Envirolab, a member of RSK Group plc, is an analytical laboratory with an outstanding track record for delivering analysis competitively and on time. The company provides environmental analytical services predominately of soil and groundwater samples. Because of recent expansion, the Cheshire lab is now looking to recruit a Sample Scheduler to work in a UKAS and ISO 9001 standard accredited lab.
Sample Scheduler - Hyde, Cheshire
- The principal responsibilities for this role are:
- Log samples into LIMS as per the client schedule
- Organise the subcontracting of analysis
- Arrange the dispatch of sample media to clients
- Liaise with clients to ensure their requirements are met
- Unpacking and sorting samples
- Weighing and preparing samples for analysis
- Distributing samples to lab areas
- Archiving and disposal of samples
- Ensure all work completed is according to UKAS and Envirolab QMS requirements.
- Calibration of all laboratory equipment – balances, ovens, thermometers
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Work within the confines of Envirolab’s safety policy paying due regard to the requirements for protective clothing at all times
- In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Polite and professional telephone and email manner
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong team player
Salary and benefits
- This is a full time post working 8am – 4.30pm
- Salary - £17,000
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor.
For more information, please call Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor on 0117 300 4280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer