The Geosciences team within RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, developers, house-builders, infrastructure, power supply, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing and distribution warehousing developments and landfills. RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
RSK is currently recruiting for a Geo-Environmental or Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geosciences consultancy team based in Coventry.
Geo-Environmental Engineer – Coventry
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and carrying out preliminary risk assessments, site walkovers, geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations, test scheduling, interpretative reporting, earthworks testing and supervision, the verification of remediation works, installation of gas membranes and installation of cover-layer systems within gardens within the new-build properties. Good communication is required to inform and liaise with subcontractors and the client with updates and any issues raised.
More specifically you will be:
• Undertake site walkovers;
• Preliminary Risk Assessments;
• Set up and undertake geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations;
• Interpretative Reporting;
• Materials Management Plans;
• Remediation Strategies;
• Earthworks supervision and verification;
• Verification and supervision of remediation works;
• Undertake inspections of gas membrane installations using a checking system;
• Undertake soil sampling for garden area validation;
• Provide improvement notices where necessary;
• Provide written verification reports;
• Client and subcontractor liaison;
• Controlling project costs;
• Overseeing ground investigations;
• Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
• Working knowledge of contaminated land issues essential;
• Preparing and checking technical notes, drawings and reports;
• Travel to other offices in the UK for training as needed.
In addition you will:
• Establish and develop strong working relationships with the client;
• Provide technical leadership in the day to day delivery of the project.
This role would be suitable for applicants who are looking to develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
• BEng, BSc or MSc in either Civil Engineering, Geology, Geo-environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Geotechnical Engineering;
• Typically requires at least 4 years relevant and specific experience;
• Safety Critical qualifications including CSCS, First Aid, SSSTS, Asbestos in Soil;
• Full driving licence;
• An understanding of safety on construction sites and ground investigation techniques;
• Significant and demonstrable experience for the key elements and duties detailed above;
• Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments;
• Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits:
• £ commensurate with experience;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Free life assurance cover;
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care;
• We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Simona Pukeleviciute, HR Advisor, on 01442 416 631 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.