RSK Land & Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
Overall RSK currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments.
Infrastructure Technician – Wigan
- Infrastructure Technician within design team on designated projects, reporting to Senior/Principal Engineer.
- Assist in the preparation of infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with internal and external designers and other disciplines to progress and develop the engineering design.
- Liaison with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Assist in obtaining all necessary approvals from regulatory bodies.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Understand and implement RSK’s HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
- Attend training seminars when relevant and report key points to colleagues.
- Assist in the issue of project documents (email, extra-net and postal).
- Be aware of project deadlines and time management to complete required tasks.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard drawings, details and quality systems.
- Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential.
- On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures and quality systems.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling is essential.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage desirable but not essential.
- Experience in assisting with the delivery of residential designs including highway, drainage and adoptable works (Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104) is essential.
- Understanding of the full engineering / development process.
- Educated to ONC or HNC level.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Simona Pukeleviciute, HR Advisor, at SPukeleviciute@rsk.co.uk.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.