RSK Land & Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
Overall RSK currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments.
Infrastructure Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
- Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to Principal Engineer.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- In conjunction with the design team, assist in the scheme design / value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical or management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Understand and implement RSK’s HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
- Attend training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
- Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
- Assist in the issue of project documents (email, extra-net and postal).
- Be aware of project deadlines and allocated time to work items.
- Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Develop project management skills using RSK procedures.
- Understand and implement Designer’s duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition
- Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual
- Experience in the production and preparation of Flood Risk Assessments desirable but not essential.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role within Consultancy
- Prior knowledge of the full engineering / development process.
- Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
- Experienced in the design of residential developments
- Educated to degree or HNC level.
- Working towards professional qualifications.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Simona Pukeleviciute, HR Advisor, at SPukeleviciute@rsk.co.uk or call 01442 416 631 for more details.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.